Healing Place


      Healing Place 

Only this moment

Only this breath

Inhale, exhale

Return to the place

Where everything arrives

Where everything settles

Aligns, permeates

With trees, sea, stones, 

Sand and sky

Held in eternal love

Rooted in the yearning

of your body

of your mind

of your heart

Sit here

Stay here

Heal. 


     In January of this year, I sought to fulfill a yearning in my own heart. I intentionally came to a place where I thought this yearning would come to fruition. I trusted my intuition and threw caution into the wind. Since then, my heart has been overflowing with awe and gratitude at what the Universe has allowed and aligned through the beautiful human beings and circumstances that have held me in deep healing through the exchange of stories, energy and intention-- theirs and my own. The saying of the Tao Te Ching has manifested once again in this phase in my life, in my time of need and longing: "When the student is ready, the teacher appears." Teachers that, without question are embodied in people, places, experiences, circumstances ideal and even and perhaps most importantly the detestable appear. But only when the student, the self has come to arrive at a place where her inner intelligence, her gut, her instinct, her intuition has been consciously and fully permitted to be wielded in full force. 

     I remember now the words so softly spoken and yet so powerfully meant by Zen Practitioner Kent Beldia in our Mindfulness of the Breath Meditation:  "I am calm. I am safe. I am enough." And I believe with all my heart that I am, I am, I am. 

“I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart. I am, I am, I am.” 

― Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar




 


In Photo: Lower Campus, Visayas State University, Baybay City, Leyte, Philippines

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the Love of Stories

Stretching After Laundry

The Most Important Question of All