What I Know to be True

My cup of Mt. Kitanglad
A delicious lightness
to the palate
Easing my way to
good 'ol Monday

Sweet potatoes steaming
Spinach, basil
Fresh eggs

Birds serenading my early morning

My notepad and pen
Scribbling in purple ink
like a six-year old just learning
the tripod grip, skills
that are finite.

Silence
Absence

Laughter
Joy
Insight--
Where I am is where I'm supposed to be.
And how beautiful it is.
As beautiful as friends
turning into family,
Places that we take with us,
Become a part of us
Filling the spaces
Creating some more
Expanding our universes
And making it small.



Darkness, one that is necessary
For light to
Break through.

This.
This moment as I write. 

I do not know a great many things
But this,
All this
I do know
to be true.

(Photo taken at Visayas State University, Baybay City, Leyte)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the Love of Stories

Stretching After Laundry

The Most Important Question of All