Anilao Bridge

Driving around the city with the boys yesterday afternoon, we crossed Anilao bridge and saw the moon in all its full, white magnificence right in front of us. Crisp, clear, pure. The 5 pm skies were still bright as if it was 3 o'clock. I looked back and saw how the sun was there in all its glory as well, saffron orange, circular outline unmistakeable as if the Universe drew it on paper just minutes ago.

Two heavenly bodies meeting face to face. And here we were, the boys and I riding in our pick-up truck placed in between them. As if the Universe herself picked our vehicle up like a matchbox truck and strategically put us where we were.

All I could do was smile to my heart's content at that moment. For what else can one do when beset with one of the Universe's beautiful occurrences? Will it happen again? Surely it will. But when? All I know is that when the sun and the moon, at the same time of day, appeared, I was there. We were there. And it was beautiful. I wonder how many people driving through Anilao bridge noticed it-- the moon up ahead and the sun at our backs, as well. I wonder also, whether they thought it to be beautiful as I did or whether they shrugged it off as one of those ordinary happenings in one's life.

We went home at around 6 pm. The boys happily alighted from our truck and went inside. I stayed behind, looked up and saw this blue, luminous splendor. And this time it was as if the Universe was gently nudging me on the shoulder saying, "Wait, here's more."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the Love of Stories

The Most Important Question of All

Stretching After Laundry