Prodigal Mind



As darkness falls
My mind begins to wander
As it usually does
Especially in these unholy hours
Worries about tomorrow
Plans for the future
A world of relentless
uncertainties
My body said to my mind,
"It's okay. I'm just here
waiting for you to settle in."
My mind continued on its way
This time to the past
Where there was no reprieve
And all that's left is just to forgive
My body this time admonished,
"I'm here. It's okay.
I hold space for your why's,
what if's and
how could it be's
It's okay to just let it be. "
Then slowly, tenderly,
my body breathed, gently leading
My mind to followed suit
Slow down its racing speed,
Its story pieces fell one by one
Into a peaceful heap
Into my body
Arriving, settling in calmness
In stillness, in quietude
Once again like
many times before
Returning home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the Love of Stories

Stretching After Laundry

The Most Important Question of All