Offering

April 12, 2017
Lake Janagdan
Brgy Cabintan
Ormoc, Leyte

Our guide told us a story about men who have lost their way in the mountains, because they were brash, loud and arrogant, boasting of how well they know the mountains. He told us how his own father was bitten by a wild boar because he didn't make an offering to nature. "Halad sa Kinaiyahan, " he told me.

Coming to the mountains, one would think as Thoreau did, "I went into the woods to live deliberately..." What did he mean? Perhaps what our guide meant. To not be careless or reckless. To be humble. To be mindful. To give respect to Nature. To honor the earth.

Questions to ask now that I am back to the daily grind:

What does humility mean? How should I live it? What offering can I, must I give to this life?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the Love of Stories

Stretching After Laundry

The Most Important Question of All