Right here, Right Now

So here we are,
on this frayed bench
The sun has set
And the wind is picking up
Not unlike your words
Startling
Almost like silence
And banging cymbals
Deafening
You are one universe
Of contradiction
and yet beneath
It all
The pauses
And deep breaths
You take
Makes
Me want to
Run my fingers
Through your hair
Cup your face
And tell you
Over and over
Until you believe it
"It's okay."
Breathe in
Breathe deep
The questions,
They're there
For God knows what
And who knows
What the hell for
You'll find the
Answers soon
and no, you won't
Find it in this place
or anywhere else
I take your hand
Press it to your
Wildly beating
Chest
I say,
It's right there.
Listen to Rumi
Pain has its
Mercies
And the wound,
The wound
Is where the
Light enters
You
Just be still
Wait, listen
Look at me
I found you
Didn't I?
Oh I'm telling you,
You'll find yourself
Too...
Dont look too far
listen to your
Own beating
Albeit weary heart
All you have is here
And now
All we have is
Not another lifetime
Or an alternate universe
All we have is right here
And right now
Come now
Be still,
Hush now
Feel my hand
On your own
Needing palm,
I am here.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the Love of Stories

The Most Important Question of All

Stretching After Laundry