Alive


The vast blue sea
Was blue like I've never seen
Was it the sun with its rays
Powerful as it had ever been?
T'was beating out all that
Was not part of sheer beauty
It seemed
Sifting out what was impure
And I was just there
Mouth agape in utter
Awe and amazement
The sea, oh the sea
Blue like you've never seen
Almost indigo
But more beautiful
More magical almost
Mystified my sensibilities
I realize how I could stare
at it forever
To be lost in time
In space, even generations
And for as long as I could
I held its gaze upon my
Minute mortality
Its infinity, majesty
Astounding me
with this humbling
Reality-- every once
In a while heaven
Rewards even the most
Mundane, drab and ordinary life
With the most magnificent
Astonishment, revelry...
And for one brief
impassioned moment
I feel the blood
In my veins
Pulse through the deepest deep
Of my beating heart
For one mercifully,blessed moment
I feel astoundingly sublime,
I feel what I thought
I never will feel again--- alive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the Love of Stories

The Most Important Question of All

Stretching After Laundry